Saturday, November 10, 2007

WWE.com Shows Full John Cena CNN Interview

WWE has gone on the offense against CNN for how they portrayed John Cena during their wrestling documentary that aired Wednesday night.

In the documentary, when asked if he had taken steroids, Cena was shown saying:

"I can't tell you I haven't, but you'll never be able to prove that I have."

WWE.com has put up the unedited video footage of CNN's interview with CNN which clearly shows that CNN completely used that quote out of context. In the unedited footage, when CNN asks Cena if he has used steroids, his answer is "absolutely not."

The answer CNN used came a bit later after Cena went into an explanation. He even says that he can take drug tests, and will pass them, but people will still accuse him of taking steroids. He then said that people will believe what they want, and will think he has done steroids, but that they wouldn't be able to prove that he has.

Here is what WWE.com posted.

Cena: Steroids? "Absolutely not"

In a country in which the news media is highly suspect, and the quality of unbiased reporting has been thrown into the trash can, CNN has stooped to new depths.

Notwithstanding the fairness, or lack therein, of CNN's recent piece entitled "Death Grip: Inside Pro Wrestling," perhaps the best example of how CNN misrepresents and unfairly presents their biased, if not illegal, point of view is the comparison of WWE's unedited video above to CNN's edited version.

CNN's depiction of John Cena as it relates to steroids is not only professionally and morally wrong, but damaging to his character.

View the full CNN interview.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Kafu interview is not fake. I have times dates and contact info to prove I conducted it. APW was unaware that Kafu did and interview and is now trying to stop it from being seen. They didn't even ask if I would remove my interview, they just attacked my integrity. I never meant to get anyone into trouble, however Kafu made the decision to do the interview. Please contact me if you have any questions. APW is being very unprofessional about the situation Kafu has made for them.

Sam Collins
sam-collins@live.com

Interview with Kafu about new job with WWE.

*Interview by Sam Collins*


Q: How are you today?

Kafu: Very well, thank you.

Q: So the word is spreading, you just got hired by the WWE. Congratulations!

Kafu: Thank you. I knew it was just a matter of time. I have been working and training hard for a long time, and now my talent was finally recognized.

Q: Do you think this job is overdue?

Kafu: Absolutely. I mean, lets face it. There are not a lot of good workers out there anymore. The WWE has been drowning in the talent department for some time now. I won’t mention any names just yet, but most of the guys you see every Monday and Friday night are embarrassing to watch.

Q: Is that Kafu talking? Or Victor Ceron?

Kafu: Victor Ceron is Kafu, and visa versa.

Q: Don’t you think you might offend some people with that comment?

Kafu: So what. Why should I care? If they suck I'm not going to tell them that they are great. Sometimes I feel like sending tapes to some of these guys so they can see my matches and learn something.

Q: I have seen some of your matches; you must be a big Bruiser Brody fan. You seem to have modeled yourself after him.

Kafu: Actually, I didn’t even know who he was until about a year ago. I’m actually a huge fan of the Berzerker. I think I look way more like him than that Brody guy.

Q: So you say you have been training hard and now it’s paying off. Now that you are with the WWE where do you see yourself in the next six months?

Kafu: That’s easy. I’m sure ill be holding one of the belts, probably Intercontinental. And at the least wrestling the semi-mains.

Q: Why Intercontinental?

Kafu: Because, they probably won’t want to put the heavyweight title on me that soon. It may piss off the rest of the boys. That’s not my view, that’s just the way the front office does things. This business is all about paying dues. But the guys that make that decision haven’t walked a mile in my shoes; I have paid enough dues for two careers.

Q: What do you think of the direction WWE is taking with its current story lines?

Kafu: Well, I mean I still watch every week……but I’m not a big fan.

Q: What do you mean?

Kafu: Well, they have good ideas and you can see the potential. But they still need to be tweaked a little.

Q: Do you have any suggestions?

Kafu: I have ideas that are worth their weight in gold.

Q: Would you like to give us a sample?

Kafu: (laughs) not a chance. You’ll have to watch like everyone else.

Q: What are your thoughts on WWE’s new wellness program?

Kafu: Well, if you would have talked to me a couple of years ago I would have had a very different outlook than I have now.

Q: How so?

Kafu: Come on man. You seem like a smart guy, you probably read the paper?

Q: I’m not sure what you mean?

Kafu: Everybody dabbles.

Q: Everybody?

Kafu: Of course. It’s the wrestling business, in order to be the best you have to look bigger and stronger than the other guy. With a lot of these guys it can become an obsession. It kind of did with me for a while too. But I smartened up and quit putting that junk in my body.

Q: That’s good to hear. You will definitely benefit in the long run.

Kafu: Yeah, you have to really admire a guy like CM Punk. It’s not always easy in this business being straight edge, but I really try to model myself to that way of life. His way of thinking is right on.

Q: Well, I really want to thank you for this opportunity to talk with you. It has been a real insight into who you are. Do you have any parting words before we go?

Kafu: Just strap on your seatbelts because you haven’t seen anything like what you’re about to see. Kafu is going to shake up the world. And if you not tied down when it happens, I won’t be held responsible.

Q: Great, well thanks again. Good luck with everything, we’ll all be watching.


Interview by Sam Collins